[Zope] VHM & Squid Problems

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:40:06 -0700

I have partitioned my server into a collection of sites using the VHM
and Squid and a custom URL rewriter.

At the hightest level I have

	the_net <=> SQUID <=> Zope

The Zope space is split into a few sites which are independent

	SQUID  <=> (site a)  <--these share similar naming  a-foo-...
	           (site b)			            b-foo-...
	           (site c)	and the rolocation is to the 'foo' name

For safety, SQUID runs on port 80 and zope on port 8080 and looks only
at localhost.

The rewriter takes URLs of the form

	http://xx/yy

and rewrites them to

        http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/xx/VirtualHostRoot/yy

per the spec.  This seems to work.

However, when the site begins generating requests, they are all relative
to the VirtualHostRoot and so are not found.   I suppose another set of
rewrite rules will solve the problem--but am I missing some crutial part
of the VHM setup?

-dra