[Zope] Zope on Windows, Apache on Linux ???

Robert Segall roseg@apsis.ch
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:52:38 +0200

On Monday 19 August 2002 10:54, you wrote:
> Many thanks to all and sorry for delay, we leave homes and our army saves
> our souls :) We are today in back and have here "big water", 100m from me
> is absolutely new, 60km^2 sized ocean with brown water.

Hope this will be over soon and things will get back to normal. Luckily we
were spared this time around.

> Pound seems to be fantastic. But how to make virtual domains (name-based
> webs) with pound? Or it is only feature of apache (as in
> www.zope.org\Members\mwr\VHosts_With_Zope_Default)?
>
> Many thanks J Lukesh

Thanks for the kind words about Pound.

Virtual hosts: please see the latest Pound announcement and the home page
http://www.apsis.ch/pound . In general, the VHM works independently of Apache
(or any other proxy). Just click on the mappings tab and define whatever
virtual hosts you want - it works flawlessly (thanks to the Zope team for
this - it's a very valuable feature).

In parantehses: the VirtualHost directive in Apache, mod_rewrite, mod_proxy
and the VHM all do pretty much the same thing - it's more a question of where
you want your logs and what they should look like. The virtual domain feature
can be achieved with any of these on its own.
--
Robert Segall
Apsis GmbH