[Zope] Re: Recommended Zope book?

Patrick Price jprice22@wvu.edu
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:58:16 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to my query.  I gained a lot of information
from your responses.   For the time being, I've opted to try the online
2.6 edition of The Zope Book.

First off I want to say it's a privilege to have such documentation
online.  I appreciate the hard work that has gone into it.   To be sure,
it has so far been helpful and for this reason alone the authors,
editors, and publisher deserve to have their final product bought and
paid for when it is published.

However...<noflames>  :-) I printed it and spent half an hour reading
and I find that it is lacking in some respects.  It contains good
content but the presentation is inconsistent.  I had to read several
sections multiple times to grasp easily explained concepts which could
have been explained in one well-written paragraph or if presented in a
different order.  The layout itself became so distracting that to retain
my sanity I had to start marking up the three chapters I read with
layout revisions and suggestions.

I suspect others new to Zope might have the same problems with it that I
am having, so I must ask with whom (or where) I can correspond directly
if suggestions are welcomed.

Patrick Price
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator
West Virginia University
Morgantown, West Virginia USA

Couldn't a better name for "Script (Python)" been decided on?  Scripted
Python, Python Logic Objects, Embedded Python, Python-based scripts,
PyScript, or *anything* but "Script (Python)"?  It may be legal but it's
*distracting*. :-)