[Zope] looking for german zope developer

Ria Marinussen marinus@cs.utwente.nl
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:55:58 +0200

Hi Thomas,
> just asking for some help in an zope development projekt concerning a
whole website.
> the goal: development and implementation an ie-based wysiwyg-editor.

I'm developing a website that uses the "Advanced Content Editor" from YusASP
(http://yusasp.com/prj04.asp)
The editor is not for free, but for only 60 dollars you get the source and
are allowed to adjust everything and embed the editor in your application.
Unfortunately the license doesn't permit "giving" the editor to the "open
source community", but then again... they wouldn't sell copies anymore and
wouldn't be able to  affort to  keep developing the editor. Buying the
source gives one developer the right to use it in as many
applications/websites as he/she wants.
I've embedded it in Zope (reading and saving both to an external database
and the ZODB). Not all functionality is available in our setting at this
moment, but I'm working on it. (with low priority because the major
functions are working).
Perhaps you should have a look at this editor before you start developing
your own... Developing from scratch will cost you more than buying this
product would.
You should check out http://vsbabu.org/webdev/zopedev/ieeditor.html too, but
the source is a bit more messy and I needed to adjust some things, so I
prefer the other option. But this one is for free!

> The project starts on the 26th August and is supposed to be finished
arround the 13th of September.
I'm not applying for the job, just wanted to save you some time...

Good luck with your project,

Ria Marinussen
Webmaster Department of Computer Science
University of Twente
Enschede, The Netherlands