[Zope] python ques

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:11:00 -0700

That works beutifully, however I ran into another problem... :)

I found that "page.xsl" cannot be a zope object, be it a
LocalFS['filename'] or a DTML Method or DTML Doc. Is there a way using
LocalFS or any other product where I can pass it the actual path rather
than the object...??

TIA
AM

tomas@fabula.de wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 11:06:33PM -0700, AM wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>I realize the following is a python question but my post on
>>comp.lang.python has been languishing there for some time now without
>>any replies, so I just wanted to check if any of you knew a way out of
>>my problem...
>>
>>I am trying to convert XML docs to HTML docs using an XSL file on the
>>fly. The function (external method ) that I have which does it is
>>the following:
>>
>>## code begin
>>
>>import libxml2
>>import libxslt
>>
>>styledoc = libxml2.parseFile("page.xsl")
>>style = libxslt.parseStylesheetDoc(styledoc)
>>doc = libxml2.parseFile("xml_file.xml")
>>result = style.applyStylesheet(doc, None)
>>#---
>>style.saveResultToFilename("-", result, 0)
>>#---
>>style.freeStylesheet()
>>doc.freeDoc()
>>result.freeDoc()
>>
>>## code end
>>

>You are looking for result.serialize(...), I think.
>
>HTH
>-- tomas

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes