[Zope] Re: Generic Content Object for use with Page Templates

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:03:04 -0500

Tim Hicks wrote:
> Files - may be appropriate as they can just store text and can be edited
> through the ZMI if less than 64KB I believe.  Still, if I want to have the
> index_html zpt present the contents, I'll have to have urls explicitly of
> the form file/index_html, otherwise I presume I'll just get a file download
> prompt from my browser.

If you really want to work it this way, you can use a Folder containing
a text/plain File.  For example, if you standardize on the name
'content.html' for the File object, your index_html ZPT can use:

This way, you still have a convient ZMI interface (especially with
ExternalEditor!) for your content.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am