[Zope] POSKeyError ... uh-oh

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:51:39 -0700

Well, I did manage to get in there by using the python
interactive prompt to examine my Data.fs.
With *much* help from runyaga on #plone, I
was eventually able to do something like:

>>> import Zope
>>> app = Zope.app()
>>> app.path.to.my.folder.manage_delObjects(['broken_object_id'])
>>> get_transaction().commit()

... and presto, no more of that pesky broken object,
and I can now start zope and access its parent folder
normally.

Could probably have done the same thing from an external method,
but the interactive interpreter is great for exploring.

It's lucky for me that the broken object was a folder called "Test"
with nothing useful in it.
I also kept a copy of the Data.fs with the broken object,
so I can examine it later and try to see what the hell
happened.  So far the logs aren't helpful, except to pinpoint
the first failed access of the object.

--PW

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"