[Zope] my zope server keep on crashing

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:23:13 +0100

On 22/8/02 7:53 pm, "Sir K" <k_hamzat@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running zope 2.5.1 on linus red hat 7.1 but the sad experience is
> that the zope keep on crashing without any error msg.

We found that Zope crashed every day when we used it on a public server.
Putting it behind Apache fixed the problem - and it's been rock solid since.

Looking at the logs we still get large numbers of malformed requests and
attempts at exploits so my guess is that zServer isn't so good at handling
this. Stability is absolutely fine using zServer directly on our private
network on identical hardware.

Logical Progression Ltd, 3 Randolph Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7TH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 466 9585 Web: http://www.logicalprogression.net/