[Zope] Vhosting

Adam Getchell AdamG@hrrm.ucdavis.edu
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:50:30 -0700

Hello all,

Okay, so I read the links you gave me.

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.s
tx
http://www.zope.org/Members/Jace/apache-vhm
http://www.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/squid-zserver-virtual

Starting from scratch, I created a zope user on my OpenBSD box, with a home
directory of /home/zope. I then ran

# /usr/local/bin/zope-instance /home/zope
as root, to create an instance of Zope.

# chmod -R zope:nobody /home/zope
# su zope
# /home/zope/start &
To start Zope as user zope. I then logged into the site, created my /site1
and /site2 folders, and created a Virtual Host monster with mappings of:

site1.ucdavis.edu/site1
site2.ucdavis.edu/site2

At this point, going to site1.ucdavis.edu goes to the main website, while
going to site1.ucdavis.edu:8080 goes to the subfolder. So I think my Squid
configuration is off.

I went through /etc/squid/squid.conf and have the following options enabled
(not commented out):

http_port 80
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY
cache_dir diskd /var/squid/cache 100 16 256
emulate_httpd_log on
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic real Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
httpd_accel_host my.ip.
httpd_accel_port 8080
httpd_accel_single_host on

I'm confused about the ACL's in step 4 of
http://www.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/squid-zserver-virtual

I don't see an acl of type webserver in squid.conf ... So what should that
line be?

acl ext-ip-addr site1.ucdavis.edu www.xxx.yyy.zzz/255.255.255.255

And then the ACL is ...?

Http_access allow MATCH ext-ip-addr

Clearly, the zope side of things are working so far. What is the
SiteAccessEnhanced used for? Do I still need a site root in each virtual
folder?

Many thanks,

--Adam