[Zope] storing in ZODB vs filesystem

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@andreas-jung.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:46:38 +0200

It should not be a problem to store at least ten-thousands of documents
inside the ZODB. At least some popular websites running on Zope are using
a ZODB based solution for all their content.

-aj
----- Original Message -----
From: cijiisen
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 12:53
Subject: [Zope] storing in ZODB vs filesystem

Hi,
I need to have a document management system.
That would involve a lot of document upload.
Can some one advice me on whether its wise to store all the documents as
zope does
by default into the database or store the file on to some place in the file
system.
Can someone tell me how to do this easily !
If it profitable to do that ?
I have a feeling that storing all the documents in the database might slow
down the database!

thanks,
Ciji Isen