[Zope] persistence of unpicklable objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:19:49 +0200

KevinL writes:
 > Is there any easy way to make unpicklable objects created by a python
 > product, persist across product refreshes?  When a product is refreshed,
 > it appears that every object the product provides gets re-instantiated -
 > I'm having trouble finding somewhere to stash a reference to the
 > unpicklable object (lists used to communicate with an extra thread
 > holding another object - long story) that doesn't get trashed by a
 > product refresh.

  * put them in a module that does not belong to your product.

  * customize the loader used by refresh.

    There is a way to control the reload by a declaration
    inside the module.

    I do not (no longer) know the details...

Dieter