[Zope] Cookie Crumbler vs. Session data

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:54:19 -0700

I have been trying to do exactly what you want with my custom
user-folder and Zope Sessions and CookieCrumbler however there is one
major problem as mentioned in:

<thanks to Chris McD..>

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Sessions.stx
and search for " Using Session onAdd and onDelete Events".

According to this the way Session expiry works there is no guarantee
that the user you are logging out on expiry of a session is the same
user who created the session.

So if you figure out how to do that... pls let me know too...
AM

Andy Dustman wrote:

>On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 22:43, Chris McDonough wrote:
>
>>There's this:
>>
>>http://www.zope.org/Members/levi/SessionUserFolder
>>

>I saw that, but it didn't seem suitable on it's own. What I needed was a
>cross between the SimpleUserFolder and CookieCrumbler and
>SessionUserFolder. I sent a patch to zope-cmf that gives CookieCrumbler
>a little more functionality (getAuthCookie), enough to handle storing
>the authentication data in the session data. There's one little bug in
>there that's easily fixed (back out changes to delRequestVar).

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes