[Zope] Zope cookies data point

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:25:13 +0000 (UTC)

Christopher N. Deckard <cnd@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
> I kind of think that that problem is fine.  Why should the "admin"
> account be shared to begin with?  Create users who have the access
> that they need to manage the system.  Then there is no stepping on
> feet, and you know who did something.  Leave the "admin" account
> for when things are really borken.  Or does that go against what
> that account is for?  I'm not sure our Zope server even has the
> ability for an "admin" account.  :-)

If you create executable content (like DTML or python scripts) using a
"normal" account that's Manager, and if later that account is removed
for some reason, you're hosed: the executable content won't have any
executable roles and so won't work.

That's why having a shared, permanent, "admin" account can be a good thing.

Florent