[Zope] Forgot my admin password

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:38:51 -0700

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:27:28PM -0400, Robert Oschler wrote:
> Well I get the dummy award.  I first installed Zope several months ago.  Because of work items I was unable to study it after installing it, and now I'm finally getting to work on it.  So I'm following the "The Zope Bible" and navigate to the management page (/manage) and immediately realize I forgot my site admin password.  I am root on the SuSE Linux 7.3 Pro box it runs on.  Is there a way for me to change or discover the password?

run zpasswd.py in the zope installation directory.
e.g.

python zpasswd.py -u new_user_name -p new_password

Then you can log in with this emergency user and create
a new user for yourself.  (You can't use the emergency
user for normal zope maintenance - it's just to rescue you
from this kind of problem.)

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"