Python on multi-processor machines (Was Re: [Zope] Re: Windows vs. Linux)

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:59:17 -0700

http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris/report_ps

> The GIL *is* widely known, and there's nothing that can be done about
> it (without redesigning all of Python's runtime from scratch, anyway).
>
> To use Python on multiple processors, the best thing to do is to
> run multiple processes, rather than multiple threads.

So for Zope, binding Zope (or each ZEO client) to a single processor
seems to be the way to go.  Which requires support from the OS
as described at the url above...

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"