[Zope] what is wrong with this firewall for zope websever

Jianping Zhu zjp@arches.uga.edu
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:05:59 -0500 (EST)

I have a rehat 7.1 linux sever with zope running on it. I use iptables as
firewall.

The firewall for zope webserver is all following:

## Zope
iptables -A INPUT -i $IFACE -p tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
# Allow inbound ftp
iptables -A INPUT  -i $IFACE -p tcp --dport 8021 -m state --state \
 NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o $IFACE -p tcp --sport 8021 -m state --state \
 ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

I am trying to  use ws_ftp to send files  to zope. The problem is that if
I stop the iptables firewall, it can connect to zope by the port8021.
and i can see all
directories in Romote Site (here is zope sever), and everything works
fine.
but when i start the iptables
firewall, it still can connect to zope but i can not see the directories
in the remote site. therfore i can not sent file to zope.
what wrong with this firewall rules and how to fix it?
Thanks.

Jianping Zhu
Department of Computer Science
Univerity of Georgia