[Zope] Permissions, ZPT and absolute_url

Jay, Dylan djay@avaya.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:58:30 +1100

I'm having a bit of trouble with security and ZPT. I am locking down my site
such that only the cookie login page has anonymous view permission. This
page however is used with the VirtualHost monster so all the links off it
have something like tal:attributes="here/reg/register.html/absolute_url".

Now from looking at the code absolute_url is a public method so shouldn't
call be allowable without having to make register.html viewable to
anonymous? Without ZPT proxy roles would be the answer but that isn't offer
with ZPT :(

----
Dylan Jay                           mailto:djay@avaya.com
Avaya Communication                 Tel:   +61-2-9352-8642
Level 3, 123 Epping Road            FAX:   +61-2-9352 9224
Nth Ryde NSW 2113                   Mobile: 0409 606 171
AUSTRALIA