[Zope] Help! I need an old Debian package.

Kyler Laird Kyler@Lairds.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 05:13:48 -0500

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:47:13AM +0100, Jo Meder wrote:

> > I'm screwed without TransparentFolder.  I *really*
> > need to get that working.

I don't think I can stress quite how awful it would have
been for me to lose TransparentFolder.  It would ruin a lot
of people's weeks.

I received this help after heading in to work to revive an
old server that I hoped would have an old Zope package on
it.  ('course I couldn't recall the password...)

> > I suspect I need to downgrade to a 2.4.x Zope.  Anyone
> > know where there's a Debian package of it?
>
> The TransparentFolder-Patch does definitely work with 2.5.1 and even
> with 2.6.

Wonderful!  I needed to know that.  I was warned that it
could just stop working at any time, so I've been a little
gun shy.

> Perhaps you just have to apply the patch again (follow the instructions
> that come with TransparentFolder).

Of course!  I recall now that there was something that had
to be done.  Now I see it.  All better!  Thank you!!!

BTW, the problem was that I have a hacked up ImageTag_Hotfix
from long ago.  (It scales, rotates and extracts EXIF data
from images.)  For some reason it didn't return a zero value
upon completing its initialization.  That wasn't a problem
until tonight.  It took some sleuthing to figure out that it
needed that.  In doing so, I blew away the OFS directory
(along with everything else) several times.  I kept a copy
of the Products directory, but I didn't think about needing
to restore something in OFS.

Lessons learned...if I'm going to delegate system admin.
responsibilities to someone else, I need to make sure he's
around when I feel like trying out something new.  (I was
hoping I could upgrade to the new ZWiki from 0.9.5 without
it breaking all of my old pages.  I've been trying out each
version with my fingers crossed for awhile.)

Also, *wow!* being able to get support from the other side
of the world is sooooo nice at this hour.  (It's 2AM here in
California/5AM where the server is.)  I continue to be
amazed when I think of how users of proprietary software
live.

Thank you!

Off to bed now...

--kyler