[Zope] Hiding behind Apache - how to get true physical path?

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:32:15 +0100

Chris Beaven wrote:
[How to get the "real" physical path with vhosting]

> If there was a reason (say it was \\somehost\en\homepage vs
> \\somehost\jp\homepage or something similar) how would you go about
> figuring out whether en / jp was the language you should be using? It's
> just an interesting point (what actually got me responding to the
> original post in the first place) and could be useful for me at some
> point in time...

But if the target of your rewrite rules in apache was
/en/homepage vs /jp/homepage on somehost, there had to be some
information which had dinstiguished the two requests which apache sees,
because it redirected to different paths.
The typical case would be that the domain was different, i.e.
"somehost.co.uk" vs. "somehost.jp", so you can test for that in zope also.
I can't imagine a case where the information, which led apache to make
different rewriting decisions, isn't available in zope anymore.

cheers,
oliver