[Zope] Creating a session_data in another temp_folder

Tim tim@xxvii.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 02:26:35 -0500

I've been attempting to use the Zope 2.5 session objects within a
self-contained product. I do not want to use /temp_folder, but rather
this product has its own temp folder, and wants to control its own
session_data parameters.

I note in lib/python/OFS/Application.py (seemingly the only source of
documentation <-;) that there is hard coding for creating the
"session_data" transient object in /temp_folder.

I have borrowed/modified chunks of that code and tried to insert it
into my own product, but apparently I can't find the right place to
insert it. Admittedly I'm hacking in the dark, more by trial and error
than any understanding of Zope's workings.

Could anyone point me in the right direction regarding how to ensure
one's own product has its own temp folder with a session_data object
in it, when it is created/refreshed?

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | Asios pummeled his thighs..."Father Zeus,
x@veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | you, even you, turn out to be a liar." (H)