[Zope] Large File Support

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:11:59 -0500

I am running Zope 2.6 on RedHat Linux version 7.2, kernel version 2.4.7-10
and, in case it matters, glibc-2.2.4-13.  According to the documents that I
have been reading online, the binary distribution of Zope 2.6 should have
large file support built in and should work on my current configuration.

However, I am unable to open a 2GB+ Data.fs file either with Zope or by
typing in "open('Data.fs')" from the python interpreter (using
/zope/bin/python).  I routinely get a "file too large" error.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Kevin