[Zope] RE: Qt/Free for Windows

Patrick Stinson ajole-1@gci.net
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 03:46:51 -0000

that could have something to do with the fact that everyone is _used_ to
paying for microsoft products. No one is used to paying for qt, so it's more
of an issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-qt-interest@trolltech.com
[mailto:owner-qt-interest@trolltech.com]On Behalf Of ticktack
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 10:54 PM
To: justin-qt@affinix.com
Cc: qt-interest@trolltech.com
Subject: Re: Qt/Free for Windows

I really don't see the point of releasing source code for Windows.
Microsoft never release any of their visual** source code, it seems that
everybody using it is pretty happy with it. Now since troll release source
code to unix (linux) version,  Windows programmers feel unfair.

The biggest reason that I probably support troll not to release source
code for Windows is that I am afraid that it might help Microsoft.
I don't want to see another good company being destroy by Microsoft.

I don't know why people want to invest their own time to code on
prepritory OS using GPL software.

TT