[Zope] Apache mod_rewrite 10 SECOND DELAY to Zope

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 13:04:27 -0500

> I think the latest Apache update (sent sometime in the past month or two
> from rhn) is not working well with Zope 2.6
>
> I'm using mod_rewrite to pass through to Zope from apache virtual hosts.
>
> Now, every single request takes 10 seconds.. exactly 10 seconds.

Here is the answer.

I have an identical system that does not have the problem. same version of
apache, etc.

example .. apache rewrite rules .. http://localhost/ ..

I found that going to the myhost:8080/manage was fast.

But, on the unix box, going to localhost:8080/manage took .. 10 seconds.

aha!

Even though /etc/host.conf has

order hosts,bind

and localhost is in /etc/hosts

For some reason it was doing a dns lookup.

I chased this down to /etc/resolv.conf

Adding

  domain murkworks.com

fixed the problem.

---

For kicks anyway, I changed all "localhost" in httpd.conf to 127.0.0.1
anyway

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements