[Zope] Intel vs AMD

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:10:53 -0800

I have been running a dual processor AMD Athlon server with a 760-based
Tyan motherboard, 2GB memory, 100GB disk, Redhat Linux 7.3 without problem.
I've watched for but have not seen any problems with the global interpreter
loc.  The workload seems to distribute over the processors without any problems.

Uptime is currently a something like 5 months. We support several thousand
users using Zope.

The original installation of RH7.3 was painful because interrupts were being
directed to the wrong processor on intial load.  Getting the intial load
required the use of the magical, undocumented flag '-isys' at load-boot
time.