[Zope] Intel vs AMD

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 02:56:23 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Myroslav Opyr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit stuck with finding proper solution. What iterest me right now is
> comparison of Zope, CMF, Plone perfomance on hardware that pretend to be
> called server-kind. Does anybody has any experience or benchmark result in
> comparing Intel Xeon and AMD Athlon MP? Anything? Zope, CMF, Plone ab
> comparison. Pystones benchmark results? Does anybody know how memory type
> influences perfomance?

I have an AMD athlon XP 1800 with 1G DDR333 ram that I installed 66 days
ago on a server and it has not crashed or had any problems. It gets about
19000 pystone/second and pystone translate directly to zope performance in
my experience. It is running on a Biostar M7VIF board which it a VIA KT333
chipset and it has worked very well. I have seen other KT333 boards that
where not stable but I really like the Biostar boards I have two of these
boards and they have been working great.

I don't know about MP systems I have not tested that yet. I also don't
know how the memory speed affects performance but this system is far
faster then the previous system.

I can't comment on CMF or Plone becuase I don't use them I have a python
product I wrote that we use and it works quite nicely on this system.