[Zope] Access error trying to use pyRXP example wrapper from an external method

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:52:34 -0800

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 08:32:51PM -0800, Jean Lagarde wrote:
 object[0], object.TagName, etc.), Zope returns the error "Not allowed to
> access <0, or TagName, or etc.> in this context". I assume it has
> something to do with how the xmlutils wrapper works, but I haven't dared
> look at the code yet.

Not sure if this is your problem, but:
Any attributes or methods you call in Zope must be allowed by
the Zope security mechanisms; anything that has no
security declarations is assumed to be disallowed.
But if you set a class variable
   __allow_access_to_unprotected subobjects__ = 1
... you can quickly get around that limitation.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com