[Zope] Intel vs AMD

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:59:12 +0200 (EET)

On 10 Dec 2002, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 02:35, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
> > kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:
> >

> > I am not sure about dual-processor system. Both processors will be
> > competing the memory, the bus unless there are separate channels.
>
> If you run just one Zope then you don't need to worry about competeing
> for memory ;) as only one processor at a time will be used by the same
> python process regardless of processor type.

I am worrying because it'll be a dozen of Zopes running there, but at
least two of them will do the load, others will be sleeping but shoulb
be at hand all the time... Competition for the bus and for the memory
should be heavy. Thus I'm asking about binding different Zopes to
different processors to avoid locks people told me are possible due to
Python locking...

m.
--
Myroslav Opyr