[Zope] Time zones (another try)

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:34:41 -0800

A few days ago I mentioned a problem I was having with MySQLDA
assuming that datetime data types are stored in the time zone used by
Zope (rather than GMT) and asked if there was a good solution to this
problem.  Unfortunately, no one seems to have dealt with this before,
so I am muddling through to a solution myself.

The next quick fix would seem to be changing the time zone that Zope
thinks it is running in to GMT.  Is there a way to configure this or
do I have to change the machine's time zone?

TIA,
Sincerely,

Richard Wesley
Co-President, Electric Fish, Inc.