[Zope] Win32, Zope and FTP

toman toman@marge.cyber-dyne.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:42:04 -0800

I'm trying to put together a collaboration app that allows users to
share large datasets. When I ftp the data, which has numerous folders
and large (~100Meg) and small files in them, to a Zope 2.6.0 server
running on Windows XP, it will transfer many but not all of the
datasets. Then if I try to make another object, say a folder, through
ftp or the management screens, the server hangs. The same test on a
Linux box running Mandrake 8.something doesn't show this problem at all.
Ideas? I would guess that it's a threading problem, mostly because in my
experience threads suck on Windows, but I don't know enough about the
Zope internals to prove it. Changing the backend from FileStorage to
DirectoryStorage(lawn) didn't seem to change the behavior either.
Any help, yada yada...

						J. Toman