[Zope] Netscape 4, cookies and domains

Chris Muldrow cmuldrow@fredericksburg.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:50:17 -0500

We're using ZEO to feed two Zope clients and we're using Sessions with a
packless storage to keep track of session info. It works great except for
one problem related to Netscape 4 that I've seen referenced before in other
contexts. I've got browseridmanager set to feed cookies with a domain of
.mydomain.com. So www1.mydomain.com and www2.mydomain.com and
www.mydomain.com all work fine. But mydomain.com doesn't get a browser ID
set. If I take off the domain setting in the browser ID manager, it works
with Netscape 4 with mydomain.com but of course doesn't work on any of the
other domains and doesn't share domain info across the board. Is there any
workaround for this short of forcing them to a www.mydomain.com URL? Thanks!
- Chris