[Zope] Query

Nitin Borwankar nitin@borwankar.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:43:23 -0800

Paul Winkler wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:16:23PM -0800, Dean Matsueda wrote:

[...]

>* any comparisons to Tomcat? or other Java-based frameworks?
>

>No. ;)

Yes :-))

Note I use both Zope and Tomcat so this is not based on religious feelings.

Using Zope will allow you to focus on getting your work done without
having to wade through tons of  tutorials and docs
about the next Java API, SDK version security toolkit, ... all before
getting one page up.
You will get work done in 20-25% of the time with your mind feeling a
lot lighter.
The Zope database adapter and DTML support for SQL queries allows
powerful apps to be built rapidly and also maintained with much less pain.

The only reason you would not use Zope and use Tomcat would be if there
was a corporate policy of using Java and J2EE and/or you had to be
tightly coupled into some existing Java application/platform. ( Loosely
coupled you can still do with Zope and XML messaging/SOAP).
That is the current reason I use Tomcat in some areas.

--
Statistics show that most people are in the majority, while fewer are in the minority

Nitin Borwankar
nitin@borwankar.com