[Zope] WYSIWYG Editors for Zope?

Yury German zope@cozydot.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:13:09 -0500 (EST)

>>Is there a WYSIWYG html/text editor which can be plugged into Zope?
>> Structured text is better than nothing, but most all
>> commercial "big boys"
>> in CMS products provide WYSIWYG functioinality for the
>> non-technical types
>> to create and maintain pages and content. I don't see
>> anything like this for
>> Zope yet.

Brian,

I started a sourceforge project to develop an editor that can insert XHTML
and DTML codes within a document. I am a few weeks away in releasing the
0.1 Version which will have full support for XHTML in insert mode. I have
set it up for now to give visual results in IE on windows and Netscape on
Linux.

If anyone wants to help I can use it in deciding which DTML tags to
include in the 0.2 version. I will announce here when the project will be
in usable stages but the board is up if you want to help decide the
progress.

Web site on sourceforge is http://sourceforge.net/projects/vimweb/

Yury German