[Zope] Zope auhtentification with Apache

sophie seillier seillier@sycomore.fr
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:28:29 +0100

Hi,

I work for a company which wants to integrate Zope and still use the web
server Apache.
I have to do tests to validate this way, and I have problems....
I have no problem to access Zope pages when there isn't
authentification, but I don't manage to delegate the authentification to
Zope, and I can't access the Zope "manage" page. I follow the Zope
documentations' instructions whitout success. I modified the httpd.conf
file with :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) /var/www/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

where
- the "RewriteRule" line is one long line
- /var/www/cgi-bin is the "cgi-bin" directory of my Apache server.
(the mod_rewrite is loaded by my Apache server)

I have installed :
Zope 2.6.0
Apache 2.0.40
on RedHat 8.0

I don't find interested logs about this login failed... Where can I find
log about it ?
I could'nt use Zap ton resolve my problem...
I have to use the existing Apache server Web...

I know there is an alternate way : recompiling the server with the flag
-DSECURITY_HOLE_PASS_AUTHORIZATION.
But I don't know the impact of this way on a production platform...
Are all the configurations failed ?
What are the instructions to recompile the Apache server ?

Could you help me to resolve my problem please ?
Thanks for your help

Sophie.