[Zope] Internet Explorer, Manage, Port 80

Robert Roberts kj7ny@yahoo.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:43:30 -0800 (PST)

For me, it is the same whether I am attempting to
manage localhost:80, 127.0.0.1:80, or one of the
servers on which I am running Zope (whether I use the
server name or the IP).

I have no problem surfing the Zope servers on port 80,
I just can't login to manage Zope.

--- Jens Vagelpohl <jens@zope.com> wrote:
> i've seen problems on IE/mac before where that
> P.O.S. would not connect
> to anything "localhost" but would connect to
> 127.0.0.1...  have you
> tried that?
>
> jens
>

> On Friday, Dec 13, 2002, at 13:42 US/Eastern, Robert
> Roberts wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else seen this problem and/or does
> anyone
> > know a fix.
> >
> > If I run Zope on port 8080, I have no problem
> logging
> > in to manage the site (e.g.
> > http://localhost:8080/manage).
> >
> > If I put Zope on port 80, I cannot log in to
> manage
> > the site (e.g. http://localhost/manage or
> > http://localhost:80/manage) when using Internet
> > Explorer only.
> >
> > I have no problems when using Mozilla, Phoenix, or
> > Opera.  I get the log in screen. Enter my UID and
> PW
> > and the browser just goes away (thinking) for
> > eternity.
> >
> > I have tried IE 5.0 and IE 6.0.
> >
> > I am running Zope Version (Zope 2.5.1 (binary
> release,
> > python 2.1, win32-x86), python 2.1.3, win32)
> running
> > on Win2K.
> >
> > Thanks,

=====