[Zope] External Editor not updating content

Tim Wilson wilson@visi.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:56:08 -0600

On Friday 13 December 2002 11:22, Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> 1. Tkinter is not installed

Oops. This is a new install of SuSE and I assumed that it had installed=20
Tkinter by default. Fixed now.

> 2. Your editor is probably doing detach a file.

I don't think that's the problem since I was following the examples in th=
e=20
ExternalEdit docs.

I think I've discovered a larger problem that has been giving me trouble =
in=20
another context. Upon saving the exiting my editor (called from=20
ExternalEditor), I get the following error:

Could not save to Zope.
Error occurred during HTTP put:
110 Connection timed out

I'm using the standard .zope-external-edit settings except that I set=20
use_locks to false.

I've recently been experimenting with using Dreamweaver to edit Zope=20
content. So far, I've been unable to put any files into Zope using DW. I=20
get the following error:

An ftp error occurred: Cannot put index.htm.
426 Error creating file

Trying to put a file via WebDAV produces:

The desired action could not be completed because it was not allowed by t=
he=20
server.

After clicking OK, the following error appeared:

An error occurred - Cannot put index.htm

I get nearly identical errors when attempted to put files using a regular=
=20
ftp client.

Here's the weird part, I can put images just fine! It's text files that=20
cause the problem. I'm authenticated as Manager for all these operations,=
=20
and I've checked to make sure that the Manager role has all permissions.

I'm at a loss and I'm hoping that others might have a suggestion about ho=
w=20
to proceed.

-Tim

--=20
Tim Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Science teacher, Linux fan, Zope developer, Grad. student, Daddy
mailto:wilson@visi.com | http://qwerk.org/ | public key: 0x8C0F8813