[Zope] Newbie Question: Creating a ZClass

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:22:27 +0100

Ashley Lloyd writes:
 > I've tried two or three tutorials on Creating a ZClass, and seem to get the
 > same type of error every time.
 >
 > Following the example in The Zope Book, Ch.14
 > (http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx)
 >
 > when I get to the part "Go ahead and select ZooExhibit from the add list and
 > create a new Exhibit with the id 'FangedRabbits'. ", I get the following
 > error after clicking Add:
 > Error Type: NameError
 > Error Value: global name 'ZooExhibit' is not defined
 >
 > Can anyone help with this? I've looked at posts in the past that have asked
 > the same, but there doesn't seem to be anything that helps.
Not sure...

  Is your "Permission mapping" for "Create class instances" correct
  (in the "Permission mapping" tab of the ZClass)?

If so, you might export your ZClass product and send it to me for
analysis.
However, I may take up to one week before I will find time.

Dieter