[Zope] Zope 2.6 and ZEO 2

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:00:18 +0100

Hi Vladimir,

--On Samstag, 14. Dezember 2002 01:53 +0100 Vladimir Petrov
<vladimir.petrov@creuna.no> wrote:

> Actually, the problem was with permissions... Zope and ZEO MUST be
> compiled as nonpriviledged user (ie zope) and started as such user. It
> wont help if you start z2 with -u argument, you have to use something
> like setuidgid or to start zope and ZEO from actual account. The funny
> thing is if you started Zope (and respawn proces later on as zope) and
> ZEO as a root, everything just goes fine (nothing in a log) but it's not
> working. Only by strace (and a lot of stack infos) we noticed that there
> was a permission problem. Such thing will be nice to be noticed in docs
> (maybe I overviewed something).  At the end I got Z2.6&ZEO2.0 up and
> running, and it's working like charm. I'll write article about procedure
> which MUST be followed to get this up&running...
> Vladimir

Interesting. I just checked out Zope2.6 (-r Zope-2_6-branch)
and ZEO (ZEO-2_0-branch)

But starting zope brings a "AttributeError: ClientStorage instance
has no attribute 'sortKey'"

Are you sure you have 2.6 Zope+2.0 Zeo running? If so, which tags
do you use?

Regards
Tino