[Zope] Considerations using Zope

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:39:04 -0500

While I would disagree that more "integrated" support for SSL in the Zope=
 core=20
isn't worth the effort, I strongly encourage you to take a look at Pound=20
(http://www.apsis.ch/pound/), which was designed to work in front of Zope=
 as=20
a Proxy/SSL wrapper. It is a high-quality piece of software and will hand=
le=20
what you need.

Cheers,

Eron

On Monday 16 December 2002 12:11 pm, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Monday 16 December 2002 4:41 pm, Johan Carlsson [EasyPublisher] wrot=
e:
> > Interesting. Are there any plans to solve this in a near future.
> > Not using is a front-end is indeed less messy to setup (also without
> > ssl-support).
>
> no. its a matter of chosing the right tool for the job.... A front-end
> proxy is a poweful tool that fulfills many jobs (more than just
> DOS-protection) that would not be worth the effort to reproduce in zope=
=2E

> ---

--=20
Eron Lloyd