[Zope] Getting a Mysqldb.Connection objetct form ZMySAQLDA

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:50:18 +0100

Martin,

Yes, it would be very useful to get a DB API compliant Connection object
from a Zope DA. There are so many "goodies" for Python I can get from a
MySQLdb.Connection object that are not available from a ZMySQLDA.
The SQL query is built dynamically in a method of a Python product. I really
need this to get from the cursor object some data I *cannot* get from ZSQL
method (like the last autoincrement insert row).
It's very shorter to write...
cursor = dbconnect.cursor()
cursor.execute("update mytable...", (data, data...))
Using the method you suggest is overkill. (why make it simple when you can
have it complicated :-)
Okay, I'm gonna parse the ZMySQLDA connection string to get my own DB API
Connection object.

Cheers

--Gilles

PS : please CC your replies to zope@zope.org