[Zope] too strict html validation in page templates (zpt)

Barry Pederson barryp@medicine.nodak.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:55:49 -0600

normand cote wrote:
> I find that html validation in page templates is over-strict (at least from
> Zope 2.4.3 on).
>
> The following bit validates ok at http://validator.w3.org but fails as input
> to a page template ("EOF in middle of construct").  The problem is that the
> attributes on the span tag are not separated by whitespace.  It works fine
> as a dtml method, though.

The HTML 4.01 specs say:

3.2.2 Attributes

... Any number of (legal) attribute value pairs, separated by spaces, may
appear in an element's start tag. ...

So strictly-speaking, it looks like Zope is right, and the validator and
Dreamweaver are wrong and should be fixed.

	Barry