[Zope] Object propogation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:08:05 +0100

David Mackay writes:
 > I'm trying to filter the results of a Zsearch, and return the filtered
 > results to the user.  I have an external python script which queries a
 > textindex, and returns a list of mybrain objects.  I can then build a
 > new list with the filtered results, and return that to the dtml method
 > which displays the first 20 results with no problem.  I copied the dtml
 > method generated by an add Z Search Interface, and modified it to
 > process the filtered list.  The problem is that I can't get it to handle
 > the next 20 (and so on) results.  The Fresults list that I process the
 > first time doesn't propogate to the next iteration.  The results list
 > obviously DO propogate for the unaltered search forms.  Does anyone have
 > any suggestions?
The result list is *NEVER* propagated between requests.

   Zope reexecutes the query and uses a different "window" onto the result.

Apparently, when you use your filtered result, the query can no longer
be reexecuted. Usually, this happens for "POST" requests when
you use "sequence-query" (or "QUERY_STRING").

Dieter