[Zope] syncing two instances of zope

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:27:40 -0500

You could use ZSyncer and set up a cron job to automate its calling either
through xmlrpc or httplib.  I'd personally use xmlrpc from a cron job.
We're doing this in several places and it works very well.  Something like
this:

  import xmlrpclib
  server = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost:8080/')
  server.someScript()

This script should call the ZSyncer object with the appropriate properties
set.  Take a look at the code for ZSyncer and you should be able to find
what you're looking for.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of AM
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 6:12 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] syncing two instances of zope

Hi,
I have a setup where two machines are running identical instances of
zope and only one of them is active to the outside world via a firewall.
As and when one of them goes down the other is activated by the firewall
for the duration that the primary went down.

How do I keep these two instances in sync at all times ( mebbe a 10-15
min delay between syncs)??

I looked at ZSyncer but it seems I have to explicitely specify objects
to be synced.

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes