[Zope] ZOPE 3 MINI-mini NEWSLETTER (#5)

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:02:26 -0500

WELCOME TO THE ZOPE 3 MINI-NEWSLETTER: ISSUE 5 (20 DEC 2002)

NEWS SNIPPETS:

   * I neglected to send the fourth Zope 3 newsletter to zope@zope.org.
     Sorry. :-(  Please read about the *excellent* things Stephan Richter
     did about Zope 3 documentation (!), wiki clean-up,
     internationalization, and UI ideas:
     http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/Zope3Newsletter4

   * Jim Fulton posted more information about the Zope 3 alpha release,
     slated for December 31.  Read the post for important details
     about this exciting release.  Here's one warning:

       "The alpha release *will* be slow. We have intentionally avoided
       optimization to keep the code as clean as possible. Optimization
       will be performed prior to the first beta release."

     http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2002-December/004348.html

   * On Monday, December 23, the code base will undergo a major
     face-lift, using the proposal presented by Martijn Faassen at the
     Rotterdam sprint.  Start here for details:
     http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/DirectoryHierarchyReorganization

   * Jeffrey Shell had the great idea to set up a Zope3 redirect
     at the dev.zope.org, so all the wiki links in this newsletter
     aren't as ugly.  Thanks very much!

STEVE ALEXANDER: debugging; cut, copy, and paste

   I just spent N hours in the debugger chasing down this bug:

     <http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/84>

   I'm about to check in the fix -- hurrah! [ed. - it's in there now :-)]

   I've talked to Alexander Limi about how to do cut, copy and paste in
   Zope 3. I'll be writing a proposal on it this week, and hopefully
   implementing it too.

STEPHAN RICHTER: FTP!

   Concerning FTP...

   I was working on FTP this week to get it ready for the alpha. I
   refactored some stuff and fixed a bunch of bugs. Jim wants to add FTP
   support for Packages too, so we will do that as soon as I have
   written the docu[ments].

MARTIJN FAASSEN: Thanks to sprinters

   The Sprintathon in Rotterdam was a success! Thanks everybody who
   participated in helping making it such a great event. This page has
   the after action reports:

   http://www.infrae.com/sprintathon

LEARN MORE ABOUT ZOPE 3: