[Zope] Content mgt for non-technical people

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 05:37:24 -0000

--On 21 December 2002 23:55 +0100 Robert Wielinga <rwielinga@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am very new to Zope, but am impressed about the way it enables you to
> formalise site logic and the look and feel. However in the short time
> I've been using Zope, it does not seem to be a very suitable environment
> for non-technical people to add content to the site. Preferably, I would
> like people to be able to create new or modify existing content items,
> possibly with some workflow, without them having the need to edit
> html/dtml documents. For example, a content editor is presented with a
> form for each content type, where he can enter the relevant data in plain
> text and when the form is submitted, the data is entered as Zope objects
> in the zope server.
> Did I overlook some features in Zope or are there readily available
> modules that accomplish this? Do I have to build it myself?

Plone has been mentioned. Another option is easyPublihser
<http://www.easypublisher.com/> - you'll need a modest budget
if you want to use it for real. But downloading the evaluation
version will give you lots of ideas as to what might be possible
to build in Zope.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/