[Zope] Can't connect to Zope after initial install...

Malcolm Webb mawebb@rocketmail.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:53:02 -0800 (PST)

I just installed Zope onto the following config:

-Redhat 7.1.2
-gcc 2.96
-python 2.1.3

My box is currently running Apache, and hosts 11 web sites (virtual
hosts). The box has two ethernet cards and two static IPs.

It appears as though everything has installed correctly (no errors).
I've created a "zope" user and chmod'ed all the files in the zope
directory.

When I run the "start" script, it says that the Zserver has been
started and is listening on port 8080. But then when I try to connect
using a standard web browser, I get a "connection refused" error.

This happens even if I turn off Apache.

According to "netstat", something is listening on port 8080.

But nothing is being written to the log file, and I can't connect.

Can anyone offer some advice?