[Zope] using _p_resolveConflict on Folderish object

Willem Broekema willem@pastelhorn.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:42:56 +0100

Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> To answer your question, savedState and newState are the ones competing
> for "final" state. Do not get confused by the (badly chosen) parameter
> names ;-). Your job is to resolve this conflict by e.g.
>
> intermediateState = merge(oldState, savedState)
> finalState = merge(intermediateState, newState)
> return finalState

I understand that, in theory. :-)

In practise, I saw that oldState and savedState were equal. I don't see
  the conflict. Therefore, I don't know how to 'merge' the states.

Can I assume there is no real conflict then, and return the newState?

BTW, I made a typo in my previous post:

willem wrote:
 > 'oldstate == savedstate'
 > [...]
 > I would like to know what's going on here. For example, if 'oldState
 > == newState', can I safely assume that newState is correct and
 > there's no need to merge changes (which changes?) between oldState
 > and savedState?

I meant 'oldState == savedState' here, referring to the part above. Not
'oldSate == newState'.

- Willem