[Zope] using _p_resolveConflict on Folderish object

Willem Broekema willem@pastelhorn.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:04:08 +0100

Stefan H. Holek wrote:
 >> In practise, I saw that oldState and savedState were equal. I don't
 >> see the conflict. Therefore, I don't know how to 'merge' the states.
 >
 > There is no need to merge equal states.

 >> Can I assume there is no real conflict then, and return the newState?
 >
 > Only if oldState == savedState == newState.

In my case, oldState == savedState != newState. Your last statement
implies there was some real conflict here, yet you also indicate there's
nothing to merge.

As far as I understand it, the changes that led to newState were based
on oldState. Because that foundation seems not to have changed, there's
no inconsistency: newState if just fine.

I don't see what could or should be done in this case to "resolve" the
"conflict", other than just ignoring it and returning newState.

Thanks so far,

- Willem