[Zope] using _p_resolveConflict on Folderish object

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:22:53 +0000

On Sunday 29 December 2002 6:42 pm, Willem Broekema wrote:

> I understand that, in theory. :-)
>
> In practise, I saw that oldState and savedState were equal. I don't see
>   the conflict. Therefore, I don't know how to 'merge' the states.
>
> Can I assume there is no real conflict then, and return the newState?

Yes, in theory. Out of the two transactions that ZODB thinks are competin=
g, it=20
it possible that one of them was caused simply by a self._p_changed (or=20
equivalent) and there really was no 'state' change.

> In practise, I saw that oldState and savedState were equal.=20

I think it would be wise to investigate the cause of this no-change=20
transaction before assuming this observation is correct.

--=20
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson