[Zope] Are Lookups via DTML methods efficient?

Jonathan Mark jonathansamuel@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:43:27 -0800 (PST)

I have a list of easy-to-remember website names, and
hard-to-remember URLs. My goal is that when coding my
Zope site using DTML I should be able to refer to a
URL by its easy-to-remember website name.

I am thinking of creating a near-identical group of
DTML methods whose IDs are the website names and whose
titles are the URLs.

Each method would then return its own title.

Is this approach efficient? I could call a SQL
database instead, but I think that would be overkill
in this case. Also, opening up a connection for this
simple information might not be efficient either.

Should I use a field index on a catalogue instead?
Each website name would only have a single URL, so the
search would only return a single value.

Could there be an XML approach which might work well?
Ultimately I could have hundreds of URLs that I want
to call by website name.