[Zope] PUT_factory -- Script Import Permissions

Matt Young mattyoungrev2@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:19:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I need to write a PUT_factory so that FTP and WebDAV
uploads create the right type of objects in Zope (by
default everything is mapped to three objects but you can
override this).  The PUT_factory needs to be a script so
that I can place it in the affected directory (I want to
override the default for a "file share" directory), and
because I can't write external methods on this account.

Once the factory determines the type of object to be
created, it needs to return an empty object of that type
(for instance, a File or ExtFile).  Problem is, a script
can't import the definition of File etc., so I can't invoke
its constructor.  DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN CREATE A File,
ExtFile, ETC. FROM WITHIN A SCRIPT AND RETURN IT (EMPTY) AT
THE END OF THE SCRIPT?  Please note that using manage_
functions probably (?) isn't the right way to do this.

Thanks
Matt